Certification Course Outline
Here we give an introduction to what the course is, what we cover and what you can expect to learn throughout the online training program. You’ll see common issues on pools we’ve found and we’ll tell you why these issues need to be noted and the best ways to let the customer know what’s right, and what’s wrong.
Leak Detection – Module 1 / Best Practices:
In Module one we will be giving you a taste of the leak detection industry, along with helpful tips and tricks for success in your business.
- Leak Detection Introduction
- Customer Psychology
- 10 Commandments of Leak Detection
- Taking Phone Calls
- Our Equipment vs. Theirs
- Conversions to Repair
Leak Detection – Module 2 / The Kit:
In this module you’ll learn about the components of the Pro Complete Kit, to help you become familiar with your new equipment!
- Total Walkthrough of our Pro Complete Kit
- Labeling Components
- Use of Components
- How Each Piece Works in the Field
Leak Detection – Module 3 / In the Shell:
In Module three our video will take place at our training pool, where you’ll learn how to locate leaks within a pool shell, and how to handle structural cracks.
- Safety. How to properly use the equipment at a job site and other best practices.
- How to Find a Leak in the Shell
- Diving and Dye
- Static Testing
- Structural Cracks
Leak Detection – Module 4 / Plumbing:
In this module we will combine location (at a pool) and in-classroom video learning to give you a clear overview of how pool plumbing systems work, and the methods associated with locating leaks within lines.
- Pool Plumbing, “What makes it tick?”
- How do Pool Plumbing Systems Work
- Locating Leaks Within Lines
- Proper use of the FLASH System
- Using Camera Technology to Aid in Leak Detection
Leak Detection – Module 5 / Case Studies:
In this module we will be providing a comprehensive walkthrough of specific jobs we have worked, and how the knowledge we gained from that experience will aid you in the field.
- Case Studies, Descriptions, and photos
- Examples of how to Handle Specific Situations you may run into.
- Photos from our Past Trainees
- Explanation of our Technical Support
The Inspection Checklist:
In this module we will walk through the entire 300 Point Inspection Checklist in two videos, covering all aspects of the inspection process and looking at the pool and other bodies of water, the equipment that runs it and the safety of the deck, fencing, barrier and other elements that surround the pool area.
- The Initial Walk-up
- The Pool Construction, Cracking and Surface Delaminations
- Decking and Drainage
- The Beam, Coping and Tile
- Skimmers, Autofills and Main Drains
- Handrails, Diving Boards and Slides, Raised Walls and Safety Issues
- Pool Equipment
- Electrical Safety
- Fencing, Barriers and Pool Covers
- Above Ground Pools
Pool Inspection Case Studies:
We’ll show you five case studies and the issues we discovered during a thorough inspection as well as recommendations you can give for customer repairs.
- 5 Case Studies from on the job experiences
- Photo and video pieces that explain what we found and how it failed inspection
- In depth explanation of what failed, and why it isn’t acceptable.
Here we will provide you with printable resources to enhance how you can apply what you’re learning.
- The Inspection Checklist
- Initial Call Questionnaire
- Disclaimer / Disclaimer Guide
- How to measure sizing for pumps and catch basins
- Safety explanations for Handrails and the Virginia Game Baker Act
Business and Marketing:
LeakTronics marketing manager will walk you through best recommendations for starting your business or implementing Inspections into your list of services with marketing techniques and information to maintain a quality website and networking relationships within the marketplace.
- Business and Marketing Recommendations
- Understand AdWords and Pay Per Click Marketing
- Using Online Mail-Service Platforms
- Using Google Analytics
- Using Craigslist
It’s a Proven Method
LeakTronics patented equipment has changed a leak detection market formerly riddled with antiquated equipment that lagged in performance and worked poorly, costing homeowners and commercial businesses thousands of dollars in unnecessary repairs and wasted time. Some of those same tools, unfortunately, are still making their rounds today! Thousands of professionals use LeakTronics equipment and techniques on a daily basis, on real leak detection and inspection jobs of all sizes and scopes, earning top dollar. Training with LeakTronics and becoming a member of the Swimming Pool Inspector Network will virtually guarantee that you’ll be the go-to professional for Pool Inspections in your area.